FEBRUARY 16-17, 2019
Learn to paint a highly detailed, botanically correct Viola flower with Master Artist, Vanda Lavar, in the classical Victorian manner.*
- This 1-1/2 day workshop will cover layering of color glazes, color mixes, behavior of pigment combinations, and simple Victorian Round-hand script for identification.Perfect for amateur naturalist, watercolor painters, and scrapbook enthusiast.
- Skills used will be painting flowers, leaves, raindrops, roots and calligraphy. A brief historical discussion on botany will be provided throughout the class.
Materials and supplies provided:
- Watercolor paper, shared paints for class, and white plate pallet. Students will receive a set of 5 specialized brushes to keep, which will be priced at the instructors cost.
- Additional Materials required: None
This 2-day class will be held at the Vacaville Art Gallery “Annex”
718 E. Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville CA 95688
- Saturday, 2/16 from 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
and Sunday, 2/17 from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Workshop fee: $150
- Supply Fee: $30 payable to instructor at first class
For more information about the class, please call or email Vanda:
FineArtsinthePines@gmail.com or Artistvanda3@gmail.com
Visit Vanda’s website and facebook pages:
*Students may use this as a page toward their personal Herbarium. The Viola’s are the first in the Herbarium page series. The next page (class dates to be announced) of the Herbarium series will be “Daffodil Moments” as pictured with a Bee.