Dates: Tuesday, November 6 – Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Time: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Cost: $110 (2-day class)
Where: Vacaville Art Gallery Annex (behind the Art Gallery), 618 Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville CA 95688.
You want to keep an art journal, but aren’t sure where to start? This two-day workshop will introduce you to the possibilities an art/illustrated journal can offer us as artists. If you’ve never “journaled” before — or even if you journal now — you will leave with enough information to start down a path of discovering what you want “your” journal to be. Unlike most art media, in art journaling there are no rules, there are no wrong answers, and you are the audience. Come willing to explore, play and share. Enrolled students will receive a list of supplies to bring to the workshop.
Materials provided: a waterproof pen, 140 lb watercolor papers (four 7″ x 10″), heavy papers for class exercises, and a folder of handouts with gobs of information and source materials.
- Introduction to Journaling — Brainstorm “Why Journal”
- Journaling Exercise: Demos on Painting/Sketching/Illustration — Start Your Journal!
- Types of Journals, Considerations, Materials — Brainstorm “What do I want my journal to be?”
- Page Design Exercise — Play with three formats: horizontal, vertical and square
- Share Your Journals — Informal show of class journals to share ideas
Website: google “misuk’s gallery”